Village, first time noticed in 1227, was in 1228 part of agriculture base for St. George Monastery. In 1324 is spoken here about Vojslava, a wife of Slavek from Sestlic, but next year are there found as owners Jasek, Ctibor and Vojslava - Slavek's widow.
1331 changed Vilem Vznata from Lapy with his brother Vicemil from Kvilice and with sons Cestlice with their heritage
in Kvilice. Rudolf from Ricany gifted to church in Pruhonice 3 farms in 1336. Cestlice had in 1423-1437 Alzbeta from Chlebov. She married Zavis from Waldstein. After her death, Cestlice have had Zavis from Waldstein.
He sold in 1457 one half of castle (first named) with one half of burned village (soldiers made it) to Martin Borek from Lukavec and his wife. When caste was demolished is not known. Probably about year 1508. In 1541 was Cestlice part
of Pruhonice - to year 1927. In 1927 was reformed to today grounds.
Saint Prokop's church was built on place, where stood small church from 14th century originally.
Old graveyard by the church was closed down in 1876. New one lies on north side of the village.
We don't know when the school was founded, but there is mention from year 1711 in church books. School was in small building no. 37 untill 1835, when was built new building. This house burned down in year 1870, in year 1900 was on its place raised present school..